Encourage your friends, family and colleagues to support your Home Run for Kids efforts by fundraising for the event!
Below are some tips on how to be a successful fundraiser. Check back often for updates and success stories from other runners!
- Before you begin, set a fundraising goal for yourself. It should be an aggressive but realistic goal. This will help your supporters see your progress.
- Once you set up your fundraising page on Crowdrise, tell a compelling story as to why you are participating in this event. Whether it’s to fulfill your New Years resolution to get fit or your passion for ending family homelessness, explain why this race is important to you.
- Send an email to your friends, family and colleagues asking for donations. When trying to raise money the most important thing to do is to ask! In the email you can share your running story, include information on Upward Bound House and let everyone know that 100% of their donation will support UBH and will help end family homelessness in Los Angeles.
- Send updates with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Your friends will want to hear how your training and fundraising is going and its a great way to remind your friends to donate if they haven’t already.
- If you want more information on fundraising, how donations will support Upward Bound House, or more tips contact us at email@example.com
Dine and DonateFor HRFK runners who bring their HRFK bibs/registration confirmation to El Cholo, 25% of the proceeds will go to UBH.
Upward Bound House is proud to have the support of our 2017 Home Run For Kids sponsors.